The #1 Event for Orthopaedic Clinical and Administrative Teams
2022 Annual AOC Connect Business & Leadership Symposium
Thurs, Nov. 10 – Sat, Nov. 12, 2022
Bring your Clinical & Administrative Leadership Teams to our top-rated AOC Business & Leadership Symposium for Orthopaedic Chairs, Vice Chairs, Division Chiefs, Faculty Leaders, Fellows, Residents, and Administrators.
This meeting promises high-level engagement and is attended by Presidents and Past Presidents of the major orthopaedic associations.
100% of the attendees at our last meeting rated the Symposium either an “A” or an “A-“.
Register prior to April 15th and save 15% (enter “Save15” on checkout)
Regis J. O’Keefe, MD, PhD
Fred C. Reynolds Professor and Chair of Orthopaedic Surgery
Washington University School of Medicine
Scott D. Boden, MD
Professor and Chair, Department of Orthopaedics – Emory University School of Medicine;
Vice President of Business Innovation – Emory Heatlhcare
Kevin Bozic MD, MBA
Chair, Department of Surgery and Perioperative Care – Dell Medical School – The University of Texas at Austin
Susan V. Bukata, MD
Professor and Chair of Orthopaedics – UC San Diego
Steven Forti, RN
Chief Wellness and Resiliency Officer – Hospital for Special Surgery;
US Army Special Forces, Master Sergeant (retired)
Grant Garrigues, MD
Associate Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery Director, Upper Extremity Research Midwest Orthopaedics – Rush; Associate Chief Medical Officer, AOC Connect
Farshid Guilak, PhD
Professor of Orthopedic Surgery and Director of Research, Shriners Hospitals for Children – St. Louis; Chief Scientific & Innovation Officer, AOC Connect
L. Scott Levin, MD
Paul Magnusson Professor & Chair, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery – University of Pennsylvania;
Chief Medical Officer – AOC
Valerae O. Lewis, MD
Professor and Chair of the Department of Orthopaedic Oncology – University of Texas; MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston
James A Nunley, MD
Goldner-Jones Endowed Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery – Duke University;
Past Chairman Department of Orthopaedic Surgery – Duke University
CEO Emeritus – Rothman Orthopaedic Institute
DRAFT 2022 AGENDA TOPICS:
- How to grow and optimize financial and operational performance of your musculoskeletal enterprise at a health system level
- How to optimize providers’ (surgeons, primary care, physiatry, APP) clinic schedules (via appointment scheduling templates, same day/next day service for new patient access, the role of orthopaedic urgent care, etc.)
- How to optimize peri-operative efficiency (i.e. evolution to ASC, assigned nursing teams in OR, room turnover goals, incentives, etc.)
- Integrating and optimizing ancillary opportunities within the orthopaedic department and across the health system level
- Best practice approaches for establishing and growing your research enterprise. The lifecycle, required resources, and milestones.
- Benchmark Reports: Faculty Research Pay by Rank; Recruitment Packages; Milestones & Associated Timelines
- How to utilize digital health platforms to optimize patient care, patient communication, decrease re-admits, and help patient transitions
- Managing the growth of your clinical enterprise: Knowing when and how to grow clinical service lines and the keys to navigating those decisions.
- Managing the growth of your clinical enterprise: The criticality for effective marketing and best practices to consider for optimizing marketing ROI in a significant/measurable way to grow musculoskeletal enterprises across competitive markets.
- Leadership skills development for faculty leaders, CAOs, Residents & Fellows
- How to establish a healthy culture of engagement, collegiality, goal alignment, and accountability
- Optimizing your leadership teams via job descriptions for Division Chiefs and Chief Administrative Officers, accountability, and performance evaluation tools
- Top 3 most impactful revenue enhancements and top 3 cost cutters to improve margins associated with your orthopaedic department.
- Attracting Diversity and establishing a healthy environment to grow diversity among trainees and faculty
The Westin Austin Downtown
310 E 5th St, Austin, TX 78701
Group Rate: $269 USD per night