The #1 Event for Orthopaedic Clinical and Administrative Teams
2022 Annual AOC Connect Business & Leadership Symposium
Thurs, Nov. 10 – Sat, Nov. 12, 2022
Bring your Clinical & Administrative Leadership Teams to our top-rated AOC Business & Leadership Symposium for Orthopaedic Chairs, Vice Chairs, Division Chiefs, Faculty Leaders, Fellows, Residents, and Administrators.
This meeting promises high-level engagement and is attended by Presidents and Past Presidents of the major orthopaedic associations.
100% of the attendees at our last meeting rated the Symposium either an “A” or an “A-“.
Regis J. O’Keefe, MD, PhD
Fred C. Reynolds Professor and Chair of Orthopaedic Surgery
Washington University School of Medicine
Scott D. Boden, MD
Professor and Chair, Department of Orthopaedics – Emory University School of Medicine;
Vice President of Business Innovation – Emory Heatlhcare
Kevin Bozic MD, MBA
Chair, Department of Surgery and Perioperative Care – Dell Medical School – The University of Texas at Austin
Susan V. Bukata, MD
Professor and Chair of Orthopaedics – UC San Diego
Steven Forti, RN
Chief Wellness and Resiliency Officer – Hospital for Special Surgery;
US Army Special Forces, Master Sergeant (retired)
Grant Garrigues, MD
Associate Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery Director, Upper Extremity Research Midwest Orthopaedics – Rush; Associate Chief Medical Officer, AOC Connect
Farshid Guilak, PhD
Professor of Orthopedic Surgery and Director of Research, Shriners Hospitals for Children – St. Louis; Chief Scientific & Innovation Officer, AOC Connect
L. Andrew Koman, MD
Professor and Chair, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and Rehabilitation, Wake Forest School of Medicine, Executive Director; Musculoskeletal Service Line, Wake Forest Baptist Health
L. Scott Levin, MD
Paul B. Magnuson Professor & Chair, Department of Orthopaedics, University of Pennsylvania Professor of Plastic Surgery in Surgery; Vice President and Associate Dean for Resource Development, University of Pennsylvania Co-Director, Penn Nerve Center; Chief Medical Officer – AOC
Valerae O. Lewis, MD
Professor and Chair of the Department of Orthopaedic Oncology – University of Texas; MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston
CEO Emeritus – Rothman Orthopaedic Institute
DRAFT 2022 AGENDA TOPICS:
- How to grow and optimize financial and operational performance of your musculoskeletal enterprise at a health system level
- How to optimize providers’ (surgeons, primary care, physiatry, APP) clinic schedules (via appointment scheduling templates, same day/next day service for new patient access, the role of orthopaedic urgent care, etc.)
- How to optimize peri-operative efficiency (i.e. evolution to ASC, assigned nursing teams in OR, room turnover goals, incentives, etc.)
- Integrating and optimizing ancillary opportunities within the orthopaedic department and across the health system level
- Best practice approaches for establishing and growing your research enterprise. The lifecycle, required resources, and milestones.
- Benchmark Reports: Faculty Research Pay by Rank; Recruitment Packages; Milestones & Associated Timelines
- How to utilize digital health platforms to optimize patient care, patient communication, decrease re-admits, and help patient transitions
- Managing the growth of your clinical enterprise: Knowing when and how to grow clinical service lines and the keys to navigating those decisions.
- Managing the growth of your clinical enterprise: The criticality for effective marketing and best practices to consider for optimizing marketing ROI in a significant/measurable way to grow musculoskeletal enterprises across competitive markets.
- Leadership skills development for faculty leaders, CAOs, Residents & Fellows
- How to establish a healthy culture of engagement, collegiality, goal alignment, and accountability
- Optimizing your leadership teams via job descriptions for Division Chiefs and Chief Administrative Officers, accountability, and performance evaluation tools
- Top 3 most impactful revenue enhancements and top 3 cost cutters to improve margins associated with your orthopaedic department.
- Attracting Diversity and establishing a healthy environment to grow diversity among trainees and faculty
The Westin Austin Downtown
310 E 5th St, Austin, TX 78701
Group Rate: $269 USD per night