The #1 Event for Orthopaedic Clinical and Administrative Teams
2023 Annual AOC Connect Business & Leadership Symposium
Thurs, Oct. 12 – Sat, Oct. 14, 2023
Bring your Clinical & Administrative Leadership Teams to our top-rated AOC Business & Leadership Symposium for Orthopaedic Chairs, Vice Chairs, Division Chiefs, Faculty Leaders, and Administrative Leaders.
This meeting promises high-level engagement and is attended by Presidents and Past Presidents of the major orthopaedic associations.
100% of attendees at our last meeting indicate “I am HAPPY I attended the AOC Business & Leadership Symposium”.
Register as a Team prior to April 15 and save 10%
The Symposium is for members only. Join today!
DRAFT 2023 AGENDA TOPICS:
- Organizing Research: Leadership Structure & Budget
- How to Organize your Overall Department Budget and use your Meeting with C-Suite & Dean to get what you Need
- Effective Models to Consider for Chair-CAO Relationships/Partnership
- How to optimize peri-operative efficiency (i.e. evolution to ASC, assigned nursing teams in OR, room turnover goals, incentives, etc.)
- Best Practices for Faculty Onboarding
- Back by Popular Demand- Steve Forti- Establishing Programs for Cognitive Fitness in your Department
- Mentorship Accountability
- Strategies to optimize ASC Revenue
- Managing Problem Faculty- “Shape Up or Ship Out”
- “Unicorn” Workflows you can adopt in clinic and OR (right person, in right place, at right time, doing right thing)
- 5 Most Important Things you Need to do to Launch Your New Clinic Successfully
- Strategic Decision Making: Affiliations vs Growing Organically
- Med-Tech Partnership to drive improved patient care, margins, learning, training, and efficiency
- Negotiating the 5 most Important Funds Flows your Departments Needs to Survive & Thrive
- Minimizing the Opioid Footprint
- What to do when the &*&%$#! hits the Fan (Panel answers anonymous questions from attendees)
- Benchmark Reports: Faculty Research Pay by Rank; Recruitment Packages; Milestones & Associated Timelines
- Managing the growth of your clinical enterprise: Knowing when and how to grow clinical service lines and the keys to navigating those decisions.
- Managing the growth of your clinical enterprise: The criticality for effective marketing and best practices to consider for optimizing marketing ROI in a significant/measurable way to grow musculoskeletal enterprises across competitive markets.
- Recognizing and Overcoming your Leadership Blindspots
- How to establish a healthy culture of engagement, collegiality, goal alignment, and accountability
- Optimizing performance of your Division Chiefs and Chief Administrative Officers, accountability, and performance evaluation tools
- Top 3 most impactful revenue enhancements and top 3 cost cutters to improve margins associated with your orthopaedic department.
- Attracting Diversity and establishing a healthy environment to grow diversity among trainees and faculty
The Hyatt Centric Chicago Magnificent Mile
633 North Saint Clair St, Chicago, IL 60611
Group Rate: $249 USD per night